10 Reasons to Join the Greater San Antonio Builders Association
1. Strength in Numbers: When you join the Greater San Antonio Builders Association (GSABA), you receive a full membership in the Texas Association of Builders (TAB) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). The two associations have 150,000 members combined. That’s 150,000 more connections and future business partners to add to your list!
2. Government Affairs: GSABA dedicates countless resources to lobbying, tracking the activities of local policy makers, monitoring local, state and national regulatory agencies, developing relationships with elected officials, and organizing pro-active industry activities that positively affect the San Antonio home building climate. Keeping home building on the minds of lawmakers will insure that our industry, which contributes substantially to the local economy, is protected and regulated smartly, not broadly.
3. Networking Events: Becoming a GSABA member opens up doors to new networking opportunities.
4. Marketing Opportunities: Attending exclusive events such as the Spring Tour of Homes, the Parade of Homes™, and the Builders Showcase Expo, members gain opportunities to advertise their products and services.
5. Insurance Plans: Save substantial money on health insurance with your GSABA membership. From health and supplemental insurance to general liability, your membership will gain you access to insurance programs that are easy to apply for, offer actual savings, and boast a large selection of doctors and insurance providers.
6. Member-Discounts: You can easily cover the cost of your membership by taking advantage of discount programs offered by your local, state and national associations on products and services that you use every day, from insurance to office supplies to General Motors vehicles.
7. Education: Industry specific education is available through NAHB designation courses, statewide initiatives, and classes of local interest.
8. Affiliation: Membership demonstrates a business’ initiative, its engagement in the industry, and its commitment to staying abreast of current developments in the market. According to a national study, approximately 85 percent of all business failures occur in companies that are not members of their trade association.
9. Community: GSABA and its members give back to the community in a variety ways. Our members have contributed their resources to making their communities better places to live, work, and play in. From scholarships and food drives to building charity homes and holiday giving, our members raise hundreds of thousands of dollars every year to support local charitable causes.
10. Communication: Updates to legislation, notices about regulatory agencies, changes to building codes, and countless other valuable announcements are sent to our members via email, posts to the GSABA website and social media accounts, and through our monthly newsletter, The Builder Brief.
If you would like additional information on Membership in the Greater San Antonio Builders Association, please Request a Membership Packet.