Make the most of your membership and join a GSABA Council or Committee today! Connect with members who are planning events and assisting the direction of the Association’s goals through councils and committees. If you enjoy going the extra mile and making a difference, serving on a GSABA council or committee is perfect for you.
Budget/Finance Committee – The Budget and Finance Committee prepares the annual budget for each year. Monitoring the associations’ annual performance and making adjustments to the budget throughout the year enables GSABA to help co-host conventions as the International Builders’ Show.
Government Affairs Committee – The GSABA Government Affairs Committee works in conjunction with GSABA staff to address issues that impact the home building industry at the city, county, state, and federal level. The GSABA Government Affairs Committee strives to protect the industry from onerous regulations that could raise the cost of housing in the Greater San Antonio area.
The committee works diligently in:
– Monitoring and reviewing codes, ordinances and legislation which directly impacts the homebuilding industry.
– Communicating with elected officials and policy makers regarding our industry issues.
– Formulating and advocating for needed changes, and educate members about current issues, new laws,
regulatory and administrative matters.
The committee works closely with the Texas Association of Builders (TAB) on state affairs and has direct contact with the legislators in our area, as well as county and city officials. While the primary focus is on state and local levels, the committee monitors and provides input on federal legislation and agency activity directly to our Federal officials.
Sales & Marketing Council
Young Professional Leadership Committee (YPLC)
YPLC is a committee within the Greater San Antonio Builders Association that provides a forum for young leaders to emerge and work together.
The objective of this committee is to:
1) Help young professionals understand the leadership roles of the association
2) Provide leadership training seminars
3) Increase participation in government affairs and other important association events
4) Assist in philantropic work in the community, other councils, and other organizations
For more information, contact us at 210.696.3800